BASINGSTOKE COMMUNITY RADIO EMERGENCY EVAC PROCEDURES
Emergency Services Number: 9 9 9
If you discover a fire, YOU must:
- If safe to do so, close the door of the room.
- Raise the alarm using the nearest fire alarm call point.
- Phone the emergency services using the nearest telephone.
- DIAL 9 9 9 and give the address:
Chute house, Church Street, Basingstoke RG21 7QT.
When you hear the fire alarm YOU and everyone else in the building must:
- Evacuate the building as quickly as possible, using the nearest safe exit.
- Ensure that disabled staff/visitors are escorted to a safe area or out of the building.
- Close all doors and windows in the area before leaving but not if this will endanger yourself.
- Evacuate the building using the nearest fire exit and report to the assembly point, located at the front of the building.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT to tackle the fire.
- Contact the station manager when it is safe to do so. Graham Hardy 07907 565655.
The safety of Dave Chatten-Smith and Alex Soto while in the building will be escorted to safety by Andy and Aaron from Basingstoke Community Transport
Your Fire Assembly point outside is Glebe Gardens, opposite the steps to our entrance. This is your focal point to go when leaving the building.
On arrival of the Fire Brigade, you should report to the officer in charge informing them that all users are safe or, if not giving their last known position in the building.
DO NOT re-entre the building until there is an ALL-CLEAR message given by the Fire officer only.